office policy for Managing your Health... Together... optimizing your wellness
The following will enable myself and our staff to effectively work together with you to optimize your healthcare:
1. PARTNERSHIP: The staff of this family practice and I will partner with you in your health care. We work together and share responsibility with you for your health and well-being. Great relationships require great communication, honesty and mutual participation. We will let you know our thoughts, ideas, solutions, concerns, etc… we expect the same from you.
2. SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS: Our new office booking system allows us to accommodate/book appointments that day for you both in the morning and afternoon. In order to accomplish this, we will have to limit that visit to 1 issue only. We suggest you call the office as early as possible for an appointment.
3. PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENTS: (appointments booked in advance)…1-2 issues/concerns per visit. We are happy to address other concerns at a future appointment time.
4. EVENING CLINICS/AFTER HOUR MEDICAL SERVICES: Are now available for our patients for same day medical concerns, one issue/concern only (this is not for regular appointments) at the following locations and times:
MONDAY 5‐8 pm, Dr BOB TURLIUK, 4052 New St., 905‐637‐2323;
TUESDAY 5‐8 pm, Dr. COMEAU at our office:
WEDNESDAY 5‐8 pm, Dr. JANICE WITCHER, suite 203, upstairs in our building, 905‐637‐0852: THURSDAY 5‐8 pm, Dr JANE MCDONALD, 394 Guelph Line, 905‐333‐1553. WE SUGGEST YOU CALL FIRST. In order to accommodate all patients, we have to stick to ONE ISSUE/CONCERN PER VISIT.
5. TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT: STATE THE ISSUE THAT YOU WANT TO BE ADDRESSED TO OUR
STAFF MEMBER AS SHE BRINGS YOU INTO THE EXAM ROOM. THEN RE-STATE IT TO DR. COMEAU AT THE
VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR VISIT. This will ensure that your issues are understood and effectively dealt with, as well as
allow sufficient time to deal with them. Any concern about your health and well-being is a concern to us. Let us know what they
are so we can help you work through them. Better safe than sorry.
6. MEDICATION RENEWALS: Many medications/prescriptions can now be renewed over the phone. Contact your pharmacy first. Allow 24 hrs for processing.
7. LAB & TEST RESULTS: WE DO OUR BEST TO CONTACT PATIENTS WITH THEIR TEST RESULTS, HOWEVER, IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM US PLEASE CONTACT US AFTER 10 DAYS (allows time for results to get into our system).
8. SPECIALISTS APPOINTMENTS: We will set them up for you and contact you about appointment times. If you have not heard back from us (or them) within 3 weeks, contact us. If unable to make the appointment that was made for you, you must contact the specialist’s office to rearrange or cancel.
9. VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE: if there is a concern, change or deterioration of your medical condition, please our contact the office ASAP. If your condition seriously deteriorates/becomes significantly worrisome, please go to your local emergency room/urgent care centre.
10. VACATIONS: I will be taking them. Office staff will be available as much as possible during those times. Either Dr. McDonald,
Dr. Witcher or Dr. Turliuk will be available for back up during such vacation time. Always contact our office first. The registered nurse at Telehealth Ontario is also available after 5 pm during the week and throughout the weekend
@ 1-866-553-7205 for over the phone advice. Again, if there is a concern, change, or deterioration of your medical condition please
contact our office ASAP, or if we are not available and you are worried, go to your local emergency room or urgent care centre.
CELL PHONE NUMBERS
PLEASE ENSURE YOU LEAVE YOUR CELL NUMBER WITH OUR RECEPTIONIST (OR CALL IT IN LATER), IN CASE WE HAVE TO CONTACT YOU REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION.
Dr. Keith Comeau, BA, BSW, MD, CCFP July 2014
Download a PDFversion for print here
- About Dr. Comeau
- Office Staff
- Hours & Location
- Office Policy
- Building Services
- Our Nutritionist - Cynthia Love
- What the Patients Say